Our Platform modernization solutions
Platform Modernization of legacy systems help organizations realize new efficiencies that result in better productivity and realized cost savings. TechFlow's platform modernization solutions ensure system availability by incrementally modernizing components of the application. As the legacy code base is modernized, system defects will decrease. The decision to modernize must be carefully examined to ensure the cost does not outweigh the overall benefits to having a newer, user friendly, collaborative system to either improve business operations or reduce technical cost. Our Business Integration processes (below) help organizations to become more productive and efficient while applying platform modernization to their systems.
The TechFlow approach to modernization starts with the business user needs to ensure we have a deep understanding of the user stories as the primary input to the architecture. In more complex modernization efforts we use a Modernization Decision Framework (MDF) that provides the ability to base portfolio consolidation and modernization decisions on quantifiable criteria that are adjustable and adaptable to the customers evolving needs greatly reducing risk to the business lines. We leverage our existing tools and our lessons learned from previous modernization efforts to increase our success rate for our customers. Once we have a clear understanding of the requirements we then develop a modernization Product Roadmap based on our experience and a portfolio decision framework to prioritize requirements based on risk, business value and potentially other domain factors.
The enterprise application portfolio is typically built by evolution rather than design. The usual composition of an enterprise portfolio is a mix of tools, technologies and platforms, some of which have not been significantly altered in a long time and have acquired the honorific of “legacy”.
This mix costs money. Money in terms of additional licenses, money in terms of support staff, money in terms of training. And those are just hard costs. There are additional soft costs, more difficult to measure, but no less real. These include the opportunity cost of maintaining the environment and the inherent security risks that comes from a diverse ecosystem.
Platform Modernization SERVICES
Every platform modernization effort is unique in scope, but our process is systemically applied to each of our modernization efforts to create a secure, stable, and high performing platform to improve business operation, while reducing technical cost. Our platform modernization services include:
- Develop architectural vision and assessment using MDF.
- Identify environment to be modernized.
- Performance measures to monitor and maintain platform.
- Development operations (DevOps) / Security model.
- Develop non-functional Architectural Roadmap that aligns to a client's Product Roadmap.
- Release plan development for incremental migration.
- Application architecture - API, mobile, and cloud 1st.
- Data migration, model, and taxonomy to support new platform.
- Analysis of technical skill set to maintain new platform.
OUR BUSINESS Integration SOLUTIONS
As business needs and processes change, applications are often extended through business integration. Business Integration (BI) is implemented through a set of technologies that allow for the movement and exchange of information between different applications, business processes and people across your organization and beyond. BI enables organizations to become more efficient and productive while leveraging existing system investments.
Integration of business applications, processes and data internally or with partners, suppliers and customers often proves to be a daunting task for enterprises of any size. TechFlow's extensive knowledge and experience in application, mobile, cloud, data, web services, micro services, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and other integration touch points that provides great value in identifying, planning, designing, implementing and managing integration solutions.
TechFlow's BI approach incorporates best-of-breed technologies, tools and industry accepted best practices to ensure successful business integration solutions and maximum flexibility. Regardless of business size, type or particular business integration challenge, TechFlow has an appropriate business integration solution for any company's needs.
BUSINESS Integration Services
- Lean business process analysis
- Business architecture development
- Business process model development
- Business process gap analysis
- Business operations technology enabler analysis
- Roles and responsibilities analysis
- Key performance indicators associated with a business process
- Policy and mandate analysis to determine impacts to business process
- Facilitated business process sessions and reviews
THE TECHFLOW DIFFERENCE
Implemented micro service architecture using SAFe for the GSA’s BAAR project. The BAAR project integrated the GSA ASSIST Platform (RBA and NBA applications) complied with financial and security regulations / standards by interfacing agreement and billing data in a standardized fashion utilizing BAAR’s Momentum financials. The data conversion and migration of over 26,000 records spanning over 14 years. The AAS BS suite of applications and their user base are now compliant with BAAR requirements.
Implemented the modernization of the Online Management Information System (OMIS) that has been in operation since the late 1980s providing automated processing of financial transactions in support of client procurements. The retirement of the CITRIX farm servers that had been supporting the legacy OMIS application provided GSA with immediate cost savings by eliminating Windows Server 2003 support.
- Our highest priority is to satisfy our clients through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Deliver working platform to improve performance and security.
- Establish environment for working software, which is the primary measure of progress.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
- Reduced development, modernization and enhancements (DM&E) costs by 21% over the previous GSA task order and have been able to reduce costs by another 11%.
- Implement complex projects such as GSA billing, account receivables, and agreements for invoice integration with financial through a micro services architecture. We completed 13 Sprints (10 Development Sprints, 3 Test and Deployment Sprints), 500 User Stories, Defect containment 96.7%, legacy data migration and conversion success rate 99.82%.
- Implemented OMIS by completing 15 Sprints, 698 User Stories, Achieving Sprint goals 97.6%, and Defect containment 98.7%.
Specific Service Offerings