our scientific solutions
TechFlow Scientific is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our team provides support to enable development and realization of warfighting capabilities. We employ diverse skill sets including academic and military experienced personnel, and leverage their combined expertise to provide customers with applied research, Test and Acquisition Support, Evaluation, and Cyber Security support tailored to mission focus and needs.
Directed Energy Research & Development
TechFlow Scientific brings extensive experience in high energy physics, high power microwave (HPM) source design, electromagnetic modeling and simulation, HPM and ionizing radiation effects, embedded & control system design and implementation. Our R&D vision extends beyond applied research to include the needs to provide near-term benefits to the warfighter. Simply defining “what can it do?” is not enough; the real answer is in addressing “what can the warfighter do with it.”
Key Areas Include:
Key Areas Include:
- Scientific R&D and technical consulting in the areas of plasma physics, electromagnetism, antenna design, EMI/EMC, nuclear and HPM effects, optics, lasers, and imaging,
- Experimental validation, systems-integration and testing of weaponized HPM and Counter-IED platforms,
- End-to-End Modeling of HPM Directed Energy (DE) Applications,
- HPM DE Effects Test & Evaluation,
- HPM System Analysis and Optimization.
TechFlow provides comprehensive risk analysis of threats and vulnerabilities for the likelihood and impact exploitation could have on the mission and overall security environment. Our TechFlow Cybersecurity team provides life-cycle Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Information System Security Engineering support to commercial and government system developers, and Federal Agency and DoD system product teams. Our team’s mixture personnel with of FISMA, NIST and RMF knowledge and cybersecurity technical expertise alleviates the limitations of policy- and technical-centric teams. Our approach to risk-based Cybersecurity Engineering and Security Postures recognizes operational technology’s mission, use case, and system user requirements are vital components in the one-off development, implementation and assessment of system-specific security engineering solutions and security programs. Our Cybersecurity teams execute as partners across the development, testing, fielding, and security sustainment of operational technology.
Our Cybersecurity teams execute as partners across the development, testing, fielding, and security sustainment of operational technology. Our cybersecurity experts excel in the art of defining, engineering, assessing, and documenting security postures which effectively balance mission-based system performance and operationally-informed risk.
- Conducted in a controlled environment (to include “sandbox” testing) and includes deep dives into code and architecture to identify vulnerabilities, compliance, and trades made between functional and security requirements.
- We provide actionable deliverables and recommendations to address mitigation and remediation options for threats and vulnerabilities identified through the assessments.
- The application of techniques and the methodology to deliver reports and products (to include POA&Ms and ATO packages) based on defined risks, not specifically compliance issues, are what differentiate our team.
- System Cybersecurity Engineering and life cycle cybersecurity risk management for operational IT systems with emphasis on bending traditional methodologies to enable the security postures of emerging, highly connected tactical systems.
Sample of Cyber Tasking
- TechFlow Scientific is providing technical support for Information Assurance (IA) initiatives in the areas of security engineering and analysis, documentation, and type accreditation of Information Technology (IT) systems and in exploring novel ways of accomplishing Information Assurance requirements. We provide actionable deliverables and recommendations to address mitigation and remediation options for threats and vulnerabilities identified through the assessments.
- TechFlow Scientific is providing System Administration (SysAdmin) support for a specialized US Marine Corps implementation. TechFlow’s personnel have legacy experience dating back to pre-deployment, concept and developmental versions of the system. TechFlow’s SysAdmin support leverages our core technical team’s fully qualified core system competencies for VPC-hosted system sustainment, supporting the waterfront of SysAdmin needs including: continuous system availability and security; incident management tracking and resolution support; mobile device management; configuration control/change request support; and vulnerability/patch management.
- TechFlow Scientific is providing programming, analytical support, and assessment services to support the software engineering and demonstration of a G Suite for Government Prototype development. The G Suite for Government Prototype Development effort explores the feasibility of utilizing G Suite and Google’s growing list of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) capabilities to support specific US Marines Corps technical and functional requirements. Google’s SaaS and PaaS offerings simplify and expedite development and deployment of enterprise-level, cloud-based collaborative and analytical capabilities while reducing the financial burdens associated with custom software and infrastructure sustainment, scalability, and modernization.
- TechFlow Scientific is providing Information System Security Engineering support directly to a technology developer to aid the developer in maintaining current system ATO and preparing for system reaccreditation planned for early CY 2018.
Test, Evaluation and Experimentation
Our T&E experienced personnel bridge the gap between warfighter needs and system developers. We recognize the challenges in driving concurrent material and non-material solution maturation for concept to capability, rapid R&D and prototyping, and non-traditional acquisition efforts -- we know how to “test” in the absence of criteria, specifications, or finalized employment concepts and derive meaningful results through analysis to provide decision-quality technology and implementation information. Our methodologies focus on using relevant, use-case driven experimentation and analysis early during system requirements definition to drive operational employment concept development and system engineering, and operational implementation strategy development. Our personnel have supported the spectrum of system and capability development efforts including: basic and applied research; concept experimentation and demonstration; system prototype and developmental systems testing, and operational testing. Our team specializes in applying systems thinking practices, Design of Experiments (DOE) approaches, and adaptable T&E methodologies to:
- Enable collaborative material/non-material solution development to integrate technology into mission activities in concert with technology advancements;
- Limit technical risk through concurrent testing of technical and operational requirements;
- Reduce cost by combining demonstrations of functional and operational performance using realistic mission tasks;
- Improve engineering and design requirements maturity and traceability to operational needs;
- Produce decision-supporting data and recommendations to push technology and capability.
THE TECHFLOW DIFFERENCE
- TechFlow provides comprehensive risk analysis of threats and vulnerabilities for the likelihood and impact exploitation could have on mission and overall security of the environment.
- TechFlow provides actionable deliverables and recommendations to address mitigation and remediation options for threats and vulnerabilities identified through the assessments.
- The application of techniques and the methodology to deliver reports and products (to include POA&Ms and ATO packages) based on defined risks, not specifically compliance issues, are what differentiates our team.
- TechFlow maintains a strong reputation with its clients focused on their mission and success.
- TechFlow leverages a matrixed and collaborative team structure with a strong customer focus to ensure project success.
- TechFlow leverages innovation and its Silicon Valley connections.
Specific Service Offerings